Difficult breathing, attacks of suffocation are bronchial asthma. The disease does not lend itself to a complete cure, but there is always the opportunity to preserve the quality of life, to learn how to live without succumbing to an ailment.
Types of bronchial asthma
The type of bronchial asthma depends on the severity of its course. An easy degree of the disease is characterized by very rare exacerbations, no more often than two or three times a month, which disappear without treatment.
- The average degree of asthma. Attacks increase in time and frequency, accompanied by tachycardia and suffocation. In this case, you can not do without the help of inhalations that relieve spasm in the bronchi. The severe form of asthma requires the adoption of cardinal measures. The patient “is” on the account of a pulmonologist at the doctor who prescribes the required medications. Attacks happen very often, sometimes, several times a day.
What can contribute to an attack of bronchial asthma – the causes
The disease behaves like an insidious aggressor, seizing all the bronchi. If the cause of a number of diseases of the bronchi are pathogenic infections, then the asthmatic manifestations have a different nature – this is an increased sensitivity to various stimuli. An attack of asthma occurs because of a decrease in the lumen in the bronchi. Due to a number of allergic events, the reactivity of the bronchi increases dramatically, which gives a powerful impetus to the development of the disease.
The following factors can provoke asthma:
- allergens: animal wool, dust particles, food, pollen of flowering trees, linen mites, spores and many others;
- environment: exhaust fumes, perfumes, dust, tobacco smoke;
- bronchitis, sinusitis, colds, allergic rhinitis, respiratory ailments, that is, those caused by bacteria and viruses;
- medications – they can cause “aspirin” asthma in those who are treated with aspirin, or any other type of asthma, for example, after taking non-steroid drugs;
- adverse ecology;
- strong shocks: fear, excitement, grief, stress;
excessive physical activity, especially when practicing winter sports.
- Asthma is a common disease, but it can have different symptoms for every person. The disease manifests itself at any age, not regretting either children or the elderly. Each stage of asthma corresponds to various symptoms.
Common symptoms of bronchial asthma
Feeling of heaviness in the chest. A feeling of squeezing in the chest. Difficult wheezing is a severe shortness of breath. Strong cough, with wheezing, as a result, possible withdrawal of viscous sputum. Attacks of suffocation. Important advice for those who suffer from bronchial asthma At the first signs of the disease, do not delay the visit to the doctor, who professionally diagnoses the stage of the disease, and appoints the required drugs for treatment. By monitoring and monitoring the course of the disease, the dosage of the medicine may vary.
Usually, for the treatment use preventive means that do not allow the disease to develop, and those that “remove” the symptoms. Inhalers, which should always be side by side, at hand, in a very short time span expand the bronchi, increasing the patency of the airways. These medicines do not heal, they only help to survive the attack. The means by which asthmatics are used daily, relieve swelling in the bronchi, reduce the susceptibility of the organism to various kinds of allergens. Categorically unacceptable reception of antibiotics, and expectorants, for the treatment of bronchial asthma. It is important to apply for the treatment of asthma, physiotherapy – electrophoresis, inductothermia, ultrasound and ultraviolet irradiation.
Positively affects the treatment of asthma breathing exercises, reflexology.
Of the new techniques, attention should be given to the passage of blood through special devices, for its purification.
With asthma, you can maintain a normal quality of life if you follow the recommendations of a pulmonary physician. Beat alarm if you notice a close person attacks of suffocation and cough, which for a long time does not stop. Not at the right time, a cured attack of a disease can cause suffocation, and, as a result, death. Be healthy. Good luck